Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cypher strength at 0 cant access ssl sites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 howdyman777

howdyman777

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Hi, My first post so please forgive if it is incomplete. I cannot access ssl sites through IE 7. My cypher strength is set to 0-bit.I am running XP pro on an HP pavillion a1350y. I downloaded beta version of IE 8and have same problem. Mozilla works fine. I do not have Nortons. I have deleted my temp internet files and my ssl slate. and verified that IE is set to use ssl2 and ssl3. Dont know what to do from here. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

small tutorial based upon secure sites and their complications
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41067/cant-access-secure-sites/

#3 howdyman777

howdyman777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

tried all of these things nothing has worked.
when I ran sfc /scannow it said I need some dll files and that I should insert my service pack 2 CD. I dont have a service pack 2 cd. Can I just reinstall SP2?

#4 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

Sorry if this is a silly question, but where are you getting this error message? Is it displayed the same way IE displays This page can not be displayed messages, or is it displayed at the top of the screen where it tells you a popup has been blocked, or in a dialog box, or somewhere else? Or is the warning being generated by another application?
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users