Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

prep.com has encountered a problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mc9451

mc9451

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

I am running a Gateway laptop MX6446, with Windows XP Media Center 2002 Version, with service pack 3. I was using a P2P and was told it could do a lot of harm to my get a computer. I removed it and yes I am having a ton of problems. My virus and spam will
not remove all the trash. I downloaded Comfix.exe and when I try to open it I get an error msg telling me that prep.com has encountered a problem and need to close. I have shut down all firewalls (offline), still the same msg. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

Hello mc9451 I am wizzy and welcome to Bleeping Computer

I was using a P2P and was told it could do a lot of harm to my get a computer. I removed it and yes I am having a ton of problems. My virus and spam will
not remove all the trash.

Could you please provide me with some more information, is this the only error you are getting (unable to delete trash) if you are having anymore issues in your next reply please list them all and I will see where we can go from there :thumbsup:

I downloaded Comfix.exe and when I try to open it I get an error msg telling me that prep.com has encountered a problem and need to close

I strongly advise for you not to use ComboFix alone, only use this tool with the advise from an expert as if you don't you can cause more problems for your-self. I am not authorized to give such advice but I will say I like to use all-sorts of malware software and am familer with a few but I would not dare use ComboFix alone and even I would seek professional advice with using this tool and I reccomend that you do the same.

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 04 February 2009 - 03:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users