Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gpu fan i wanna buy

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:58 AM

hey i wanna put a gpu fan on my gefprce 4 mx 440 se pci 64mb
so i can over clock it heaps Lol and i also need a software that tells me temps of the gcard
http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/produc...oducts_id=36529
will this be good
and i have to tell you that i got no psu connctors left since i upgraded my psu but it came with 1 motherplug and 4 plugs for hd and optacal driver and other stuff and there all being used lol
can you guys look on the centrecom website for one that would be good and work with my card or will the link one do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

I don't know about extra heatsinks, because I do not ever recomend overclocking anything, it shortens the lifespan of the part in question even with added cooling, so I can't help you there. However, there is software out there for monitoring the temperature, the one I use and recomend is RivaTuner, it seems to work well for me for monitoring the temps of my video.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Dev Mgr

Dev Mgr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

It would be hard to answer this without knowing exactly which videocard you have currently (manufacturer and model).

Also, are you wanting to overclock this ancient card just for fun, or because you need more performance? If the latter, I'd suggest to just go out and buy a newer card.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Assuming you are serious.................................Why are you throwing a $30 cooler on a $20 card? Even "overclocked" that card is a slug. I should know, I have one .

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

well if you guys wanna give me $90 aus bucks then i buy myself a new g card lol
ok so its not worth it well then does it still need a psu conntor i just wanna know

and this here
http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/produc...products_id=523
those that need one to becasue i want to put one of those on the side of the computer

well manufacturer and model i dont know but on the box its says
model no: VGA CARD MX440-SE-V64(A4) 64MB PCI
and AOpen has some thing to do with it since theres picture of aopen on the box and you get tere tools

#6 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:54 AM

hey can i use a cpu fan
it works in the system fan slot and it will fit on the black heatsink on the graphics card
i will put it on by scwers and appears that it will fit perfect
will this work good and will it be effect

and he_patriot09 i do i have rivatruner but where are the temp montiors

#7 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:04 AM

CPU fans work fine. GPU-Z has good temp monitoring as well.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#8 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

ok but gpu z thing wont work with windows me
i have to find a old one thanks for all the help guys
but will the cpu fan do good like can over clock much Lol whats the normal temps for a g card

#9 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

damm there is no one for windows 98/me

any other video temp program u know
i got rivatruner but where are the temps

#10 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

A light weight heatsink fan off of a soclet 7 or socket 370 motherboard will work.
You will need double sided thermal tape to hold it on [removable] or thermal epoxy if you want to permanantly attach it.

[NOTE : DO NOT , under ANY circumstances use double sided thermal tape on a CPU !]

You can also pick up a $10. Video "chipset cooler" that comes with a sticky thermal pad on it.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#11 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

Sorry, I forgot to add,

Aida32 is a good system info application that works well on older OS's .
It includes temps if your motherboard has the sensors.

You can DL Aida32 here,

http://www.download.com/AIDA32/3000-2094_4-10129233.html
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#12 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

thanks fairjoeblue
but the graphics card ready has a heatsink and am gonna take the fan of a old cpu heatsink and scwer it in the graphics card heatsink lol

#13 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:37 AM

hmm cant find the temps in that to
geforce 4 mx 440 se must not have temps senors lol
or i just cant find the thing in the program you gave me
well is there way to know when you overclocked you graphics card its gonna work all right and not over heat
lol a burn in test or some thing

#14 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:55 AM

hey can i use a cpu fan
it works in the system fan slot and it will fit on the black heatsink on the graphics card
i will put it on by scwers and appears that it will fit perfect
will this work good and will it be effect

and he_patriot09 i do i have rivatruner but where are the temp montiors

just open it up, and where you see the video card selection box, below it is a little box with a button on it that says customize. if your video card has sensors, then click the button by customize and click the far right clock, but if the card does not have temp sensers, then theres not a program out there including riva tuner, that will read them. You can add the sensors yourself but seriously, for a card this old dont waste the money save up and buy a better one lol.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#15 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

i dont think i can add seneors since the graphics card bios wouldent be complatile
i cant see no far right clock all i see on the right is a chipp with a magifiie glass and computer with i next to it lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users