Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with IE8

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jon0111387

jon0111387

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:09 AM

I've been having problems with opening new links in new tabs and streaming videos off of YouTube. Just to let everybody know the PC I'm running Windows 7 off of has a 1GHz processor and only 512MB of RAM and I know that the minimum for Windows 7 is atleast 1GB of RAM but everything runs fine.

Ok the first one is if I want to keep a current link up and just open a new one off the same site I'm already on I just right-click the link and select "Open in New Tab" but when I do a new tab opens and says "Connecting...", then after about 10-15 seconds the tab just goes away. No idea on that one.

My second issue is with streaming videos on-line, the video players loads fine and so does the page but it only loads the first segment then stops. And I either have to re-load the page or skip foward a little ways. Now this might have something to do with system requirements being my computer just isn't fast enough to keep up and is pretty outdated .

Has anyone else encoutered these issues?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czhang

czhang

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

I have also encountered IE8 freeze ups in Windows 7 Beta 64 bit (the Ultimate version). IE8 will just freeze up for no apparent reasons at all. So I mostly use Firefox in Windows 7 Beta.

A brief configuration of my computer: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz processor, 6 GB of DDR2 800 MHz RAM, 512 MB NVidia 8600 GT video card.

There are also incompatibility issues with respect to some software I run under XP Pro. So I am only testing 7 now, and it seems increasingly likely that I will stick with XP Pro.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

System requirements might be the cause, I've viewed several streaming video's without issue in IE8 and Firefox. As for compatibility issues, Windows 7 is essentially Vista at the core with a few alterations. If what you want to run will not work in Vista or in a compatibility mode, it will most likely not work in 7.

3939.png

#4 jon0111387

jon0111387
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Just switched to Fire Fox and every thing runs perfect now, I guess there are still some tweaks in IE8 that need to be worked out. Vista has never been ran on this PC so i don't know how it would run on my setup but Windows 7 runs fine :thumbsup:.

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

jon0111387, are you sure that it goes away? Hover your mouse over the IE icon in the task tray, and see if there aren't two (or more) windows open. There should be a small thumbnail of both pages (links).

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#6 jon0111387

jon0111387
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

Nope the tab just goes away and there aren't any other windows open.

#7 feranm_ie8team

feranm_ie8team

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

Hey everyone,

My name's Feran and I'm working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team. Those of you having Internet Explorer problems may like to know (if you donít already) that an update was recently released that will improve Internet Explorerís reliability for users running the Windows 7 Beta. The update is now available via Windows Update, and can also be downloaded via Microsoft Update. For more information about the update you can check out the IEBlog - http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/.

I hope this helps!

Feran
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

#8 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

IE8 is in RC1. It isn't a official release, so I'd assume this is a bug/glitch. It happens, so i'd use Firefox to make sure nothing happens.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#9 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:24 AM

I've been having problems with opening new links in new tabs and streaming videos off of YouTube. Just to let everybody know the PC I'm running Windows 7 off of has a 1GHz processor and only 512MB of RAM and I know that the minimum for Windows 7 is atleast 1GB of RAM but everything runs fine.

Ok the first one is if I want to keep a current link up and just open a new one off the same site I'm already on I just right-click the link and select "Open in New Tab" but when I do a new tab opens and says "Connecting...", then after about 10-15 seconds the tab just goes away. No idea on that one.

My second issue is with streaming videos on-line, the video players loads fine and so does the page but it only loads the first segment then stops. And I either have to re-load the page or skip foward a little ways. Now this might have something to do with system requirements being my computer just isn't fast enough to keep up and is pretty outdated .

Has anyone else encoutered these issues?

Internet Explorer 8 is a beta, Windows 7 is a beta. I wouldnt really expect much out of it.

I have also encountered IE8 freeze ups in Windows 7 Beta 64 bit (the Ultimate version). IE8 will just freeze up for no apparent reasons at all. So I mostly use Firefox in Windows 7 Beta.

A brief configuration of my computer: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz processor, 6 GB of DDR2 800 MHz RAM, 512 MB NVidia 8600 GT video card.

There are also incompatibility issues with respect to some software I run under XP Pro. So I am only testing 7 now, and it seems increasingly likely that I will stick with XP Pro.

I wouldnt mind having 6GB of ram :thumbsup:
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

#10 feranm_ie8team

feranm_ie8team

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Hey again everyone,

Just to help clarify, Swordie you are correct. The IE8 RC1 is available, however at this time it is not compatible with the Windows 7 beta. If you are using Vist, XP or Windows Server 2008 or 2003 then you can download the RC1. (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/download-ie.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_a )

Like Desion said, Windows 7 beta comes with the IE8 beta 2 Ė if using this be sure to get the update I mentioned in my above post.

For more info or to stay updated for when they do announce the final release to the public you can check out the IEBlog as well http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/ .

Again, hope this helps!

Feran
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

#11 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

So, according to Feran's post, This is what you should kind of do:

Downgrade to IE 7, or

use a different Browser. There is a loophole or a glitch/bug within the W7 or IE8 RC1 interfaces.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#12 feranm_ie8team

feranm_ie8team

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

Hey Swordie,

Thatís not exactly what I was recommending. I was just letting people already using the IE8 beta in Windows 7 know about the update as well as clarify some points and give some additional resources about the new and improved features in IE8.

Thanks,

Feran
Internet Explore Outreach Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users