Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macrium disk imager

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rcfrgf

rcfrgf

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

Macrium Reflect Free v4.2
This is how far I've gotten in using this program; I'm trying to restore a disk image from an external harddrive back to an internal harddrive. 1. Click on restore tab. 2.Click Restore Image. (a Wizard pops up) 3. Click next. (then locate image) 4.Click My Computer,then Disk C: THEN Dead End??
I don't know what to do next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:31 AM

I must be missing something, why do you need software to transfer an image from one hdd to another? Can't you open Explore, click on the external hdd and copy and paste the image to the other hdd?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Yes, we'll need a little more detail of what you're doing, rcf.

Are you trying to replace the contents of the C: drive while you're running the Macruim program under the Windows that's on the C: drive?

If that's it, you won't be able to do it, as Windows can't replace its own installation that its running from.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 rcfrgf

rcfrgf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Macrium Reflect
Folks,
I have a special "Brain Pacemaker VNS" implant and sometimes I have memory "skips." (Really!") Bare with me. I'm having a desparate time doing this.
I have 2 HDD's. 320 and 500 Gig ,and a 250 external with the Macrium Reflect Disks image on it. the C:320 has the O.S. and the 500 is empty. I am trying to transfer the images back to the drives,most likely the 500. In the Macrium program to restore the image back to the internal drives the steps are:
Click restore on top bar on opening page.
Click restore image on drop down.
Wizard appears next. Click next.
In left window click on the + on MY COMPUTER and MY PASSPORT (250 Gig HDD) appears. Click that.
Click backup listed in upper right section of the window. Click it then click next.
Next window select F drive, click then click next.
Next window restore backup image to f drive and click next
Next window select size sliding bar to right and click next.
Next window click "Yes Please" and click next.
Next window click on recommended option.
Next window check system integrity Yes and click next.
Next window click finish.
BUT nothing goes to the 500 Gig drive. It's still empty! Everything is still in the 250 External.

I wouldn't appreciate help. I would almost DIE for help. rcf

click on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users