Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compile Error hidden module

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alee56

alee56

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I am running Windows XP and have Microsoft Office 2003. Yes, I know it is a dinosaur but still works..most of the time. I have these pesky pop-ups when running any Office program. Usually, I just close the box and I am still able to access the program. However, I just installed an ACT prep program from eKnowledge for my daughter and we are now getting a similar pop-up titled "Director Player Error" and inside the box it says "Script Error" and asks if we want to continue. No matter if we click on yes or no..the program closes completely. I assume these Error boxes are somehow related. Can anyone help me? Oh - I am running Norton AntiVirus as well.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

What version of the ACT program do you have installed? Have you checked to see if there are updates for that version or a more current version?

Script errors are (generally) program/coding errors where users have no ability to impact.

If you post an exact error message, we can have a better idea of what is going on.

There could be a program conflict but I would not assume such.

Louis

#3 alee56

alee56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hi Louis - I just received their latest version today and immediately installed it ..the 2009 PowerPrep program. I will attempt to contact them tomorrow as their website does not offer any technical support. The box that pops up is titled "Director Player Error" and inside the box it says script error and asks if we want to continue. Whether we click on the yes or no, the entire program immediately closes. I have seen this "script error" pop up before on other programs (MS Office) and I have thought nothing of it as I usually just close the box and am still able to use any of the programs. However, I am now wondering if these errors are related and there is something more I should be doing instead of just ignoring.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hmmm...you might try installing the latest version of Java, http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Louis

#5 alee56

alee56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Why Java?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hmmmm...

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/J/JavaScript.html

Every script error I've ever seen...has occurred on a webpage. Java is the program language used to communicate many things on those pages and in some programs.

http://java.com/en/download/whatis_java.jsp

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/sDefinitio...i212415,00.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users