Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant install anti-virus program on vista machine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LilyinLasVegas

LilyinLasVegas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm in a big mess. I have a Toshiba A215-S4817 laptop with Vista Home Premium 32 bit, AMD Turion 64 x2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58. Malware bytes identified: Adware.SpyClean.W but didn't do anything about it. Also when I try to run Adaware scan in safe mode, a security window opens "The Security Center Service is turned off" when I try to turn it on it says it cant be started. Also, Microsoft Office Excell Security Notice informed me that it has identified a potential security concern regarding this file path: C:\...uments\My Data Sources\+ Connect to New Data Source.odc The message said Data connections have been blocked. If you choose to enable data connections your computer may.... be secure. Do not enable this content unless you trust the source of this file" OK, but I've never used Excell! I've tried to run the programs as suggested, but something always happens different than what is supposed to. I tried to install Norton 360 and it kinda glitched during install so I uninstalled it yet there are traces of it everywhere. I tried to install Avast today and can't. I get a message that says my security zone wont allow it. I think I have multiple issues :thumbsup: I sure hope you can help me. Need I say I'm not a computer whiz? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users