Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing SillyDC worm

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stainhouse

stainhouse

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Hello,

Norton 360 identified the "SillyDC" virus and supposedly removed it from my computer. Upon reboot, several of my hidden system files are out in the open, which happened last year when I was infected with a trojan that I thought I got rid of. Could this be the same trojan? Or has SillyDC infected my computer?

I ran malwarebytes and there were not identified risks and then I ran kaspersky online scan that didn't pick anything up. I have downloaded HijackThis and have a log that might shed some light on this. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users