Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing SpywareProtect 2009

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KJohnson

KJohnson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hi. My daughter's school laptop got infected with Spyware Protect 2009 recently. I was able to run cleaners like CCleaner and ATF-Cleaner but was not able to install or run any malware tools, until recently. I saw another thread on here about renaming Malware Bytes to mbam.bat and I was able to install and run it, but not update it immediately. I ran it and the log is pasted below. After restarting I was able to rename it back to mbam.exe and update it so I am running a scan right now and I will post back with that scan when it is finished. I am doubleing the scan posting so that you can see what was removed each time.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1654
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

2/3/2009 10:51:08 AM
mbam-log-2009-02-03 (10-51-08).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 116223
Time elapsed: 24 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 3
Registry Keys Infected: 7
Registry Values Infected: 4
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 20

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypts.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c9c42510-9b21-41c1-9dcd-8382a2d07c61} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c9c42510-9b21-41c1-9dcd-8382a2d07c61} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c9c42510-9b21-41c1-9dcd-8382a2d07c61} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{ce7c3cf0-4b15-11d1-abed-709549c10000} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sysguard (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\zutaja (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\autochk (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\UID (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\ -> Delete on reboot.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\poujigib.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSbrsr.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSoiqh.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSriqp.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSxfum.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSSmhct.sys (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS1b49.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS204b.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS2433.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS27dc.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS2ced.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS677e.tmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypts.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.lnk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSlxwp.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSStkdu.log (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

I don't know if the "delete on reboot was done as I didn't rename the file to mbam.exe before rebooting and I got an error message saying it couldn't find mbam.exe upon restarting.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KJohnson

KJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Here is the newest MBAM log. I was able to update the program and rename it back to mbam.exe and run. I am running SUPERAntiSpyware right now.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1721
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

2/3/2009 11:35:56 AM
mbam-log-2009-02-03 (11-35-56).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 116981
Time elapsed: 36 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\autochk (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Network\UID (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Backdoor.Bot) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\twex.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Backdoor.Bot) -> Data: system32\twex.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Hijack.UserInit) -> Bad: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\twex.exe,) Good: (userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\twex.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS675f.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TDSS1771.tmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users