Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection lost

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cleepops

cleepops

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Hi, recently I have had websites "fail to respond" and I have had to force a disconnection from the web by using task manager. When I try to reconnect I get a failed connection with this advice from Windows. "uk.yahoo (homepage) is not set up to establish a connection port "world wide web" service http with this computer. The only way to resolve this is to shut down completely (a restart does not help) and then I can connect to the web as easy as always.
This problem is not happening ona laptop sharing the same router connection.
My os is Vista home and I can find no reasons for the problem in Internet Options (as far as I can see)
Anybody help me out? Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

Well, I have a friend who had that happen to him, his brothers' and parents computers using the same internet workde but his didn't, they wiped the hard drive and now it works fine, if you want to keep your hard drive, then my only advice to you is, buy an external hard drive, backup your files, chuck your windows computer (not recycle, chuck out the window) and go buy a mac..... it should work then. from a personal standpoint.... I hate windows (but I'm 16 without a job so I can't buy my own mac.....)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users