Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help to install windows vista in a hp laptop replaced with a new hard drive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bharathwaj vijay

bharathwaj vijay

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I have a hp laptop dv6502au . The hard disc of my laptop is gone so i replaced it with a new one. The problem is that i created a set of recovery discs using a option in my laptop. But if i insert that recovery disc in my laptop it shows that 'this system does not support this recovery disc' I dont know how to install vista back to my laptop. My laptop came with original version of windows vista home premium. I have a product key also at the bottom of my laptop. Please help me to install legal version of vista back to my laptop. If you want any further details i am ready to provide it.

Thanks
Bharathwaj Vijayakumar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

hi,,, if you know anyone with an origanal vista disc then they can install vista back on your machine using the product key on the bottom of the laptop,,, a greenish blue sticker with microsoft on it,,,,, this install will not load all the HP stuff that comes with your pc when new,,,, but once the os is back on you could look on the discs to find all the HP stuff,,,,
good luck
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

Most HP recovery disks are tattooed with the motherboard/model number - and won't work on other systems.
The easiest thing to do is to contact HP and describe the predicament. They may offer to send you a set of recovery disks for free. Worst case is that they'll make you pay for them. The last set I ordered was less than $20 US and I got them in 4 days.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 bharathwaj vijay

bharathwaj vijay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Hi everybody thanks for the reply
I called hp and asked about this problem. They told that retail version of vista cannot be installed in my laptop with that product key at the bottom. They also told me that they cannot send recovery dvds because my laptop was got in india. Now iam in u.s they are asking some one to get recovery disc in india and send it to me. that process is more complicated .I dont know what to do.... If you are sure that any vista cd can be used with my product key then i can try one of my friend's cd which came with dell laptop...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users