Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro will not load while on network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tking1976

tking1976

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

I have a HP Laptop that will not load into windows, while it is connected to any network.

I have ran virus scans and Malwarebytes on it and they both found nothing, I have removed everything from the start up and it will not finish booting. It will sit at the loading personal settings, and once you unplug the network cable or turn off the wireless it will finishing load with no issues. I have updated the network drivers and it still has the problems.

If anyone has any suggestion that would be great.

Thank You for you time.
Tina

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

I would have to suspect that the drivers are corrupt...or the networking device is bad. It could be a Windows problem, but I would not suspect XP at this point.

I would uninstall all network devices in Device Manager, then reboot and reinstall same with fresh or new drivers (ensuring that they are the correct drivers for the device).

If no joy...I would try temporarily installing a second NIC, to see if a connection can be properly made. It would not matter whether this NIC is wired or wireless, although I think wired is easier/quicker.

Louis

I see that you have a laptop, forget the suggestion about the second NIC (made with desktops in mind).

Edited by hamluis, 03 February 2009 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users