Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Home Premium Backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sudheer

sudheer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm using Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium edition.My laptop didn't come with a installation DVD for the OS(It cam with pre-installed OS).I would like to make a bootable DVD from my OS as I dont have any other OS DVD.I want to use this DVD to reinstall the OS on my laptop after formatting. So,please help me how to do that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

I have a H.P.and you are allowed to make 1 set of recovery discs.You are better of using DVD R as DVD+RW and DVD-RW are not compatible for this process.I think it took four DVD,s on mine and a good few hours.to create a set of recovery discs select start>all programmes>recovery manager.Click advanced options.Click recovery disc creation and then click next.Do not forget to number them to keep them in order.By DVD R I mean +R>-R but not rewritable ones.

#3 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

After you make your recovery disks another good idea, if you have or can afford an external USB drive, is to use an image backup program. I bought Paragon Drive Backup Personal for $39. Since then I bought a PC running 64 bit Vista. So I figured I'd try the free Express edition. It seems to work as well as the $39 without the folder exclusion and files only backup options. But for just protecting your OS you can't beat it for free.

I've restored with these backups, like after trying W7 beta, then laying my partitions back on from the image, and they do work.

The advantage is all your installed programs and settings will be restored to how they were at the time you backed up the image. So you don't have to go back to factory condition square one.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users