Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

McAffee Total Protection driving me crazy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:40 AM

Hi im having a problem with macAffe total protection.
I came in monday morning and and found the an alert message from interent explorer
"Content within this application coming from the Web site listed below is being blocked by Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration. myui://VirFound.htm" , i think this is part of McAffee but am only guessing so i don't want to allow it. so i just close it and don't allow. Then i get a message "one or more active X controls cannot be displayed because of security settings", so i press ok and then i get the original message again so i close it and try to do a scan.

When i try to do a scan with McAffee its says Memory infected scan aborted

I've done scans with ad-aware and windows defender but with no joy. only tracking cookies found one of which was MacAffee "Cookie:administrator@~~local~~/C:/Program%20Files/Network%20Associates/McAfee%20GroupShield/ui/0409/
"

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Scan engine version :

DAT file version :

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users