Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Basic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mysti0327

mysti0327

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

PLEASE HELP!!

OK-i used to be able to alt prnt scrn etc to take a screenshot. I understand there is a different way to do this on Vista. I believe it is called snipping tool. from what i have read so far--it is part of the vista ultimate.

My boyfriends laptop has vista home basic. I am looking to purchase my own laptop very soon.

My question is-- 1) Is there a way to get that function on Vista home basic? and 2) Is it an option on Vista Home Premium? I really cannot afford to get the laptops with vista ultimate.

Thank you in advance to all who help. :huh:

>>Ann<<

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

Hi, alt-print screen captures the selected window. Print screen will capture the whole screen. If you want to print screen, once you have pressed the print screen key, open paint and select paste, the captured image should now appear.
MCP
MSDST

#3 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hi

2) Is it an option on Vista Home Premium?

Yes, it is included in Vita Home Premium
Steve

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

hi,,, on basic,, if it has it tell him to look in start orb>control panel>programs and features>on the left hand side click on turn some windows features on and off,,,, look for "tablet pc optional components" if its there put a check mark in the box click ok and restart,,, if its not there then he's not got it.
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

This is the old 'FastStone Capture' ... it's free and works with Vista:
http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/mm...oneCapture.html