Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange google/live search results!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 zucchini

zucchini

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

Hello!

So I'm trying to solve this problem: :thumbup2:
whatever keyword I put in the searchengine, the first 1-3 results are bleeped up! Even if the description of the website is right, the URL is one of these:
danovasa.com
dorsagn.com
and apparently I'm redirected to 7.7.7.0!?

I have the problem with Google since the google crash (http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jan/31/google-blacklist-internet) on saturday 31st!

Clicking on the result link leads me to a window which says "This site may harm your computer."

I already tried to follow the Prep Guide but I coudln't get DDS to run on my computer.

So now this is my RSIT log:Attached File  log.txt   27.14KB   22 downloads

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:20 AM

Hi,

I assume this is the problem you're dealing with?
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/10/fak...archengine.html
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 zucchini

zucchini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hi Mieke,

Yes, exactly, Im dealing with that problem. I followed that post and I noticed that of the two problems mentioned I rather have this variant: "Windows\system32\wdmaud.sys <== bad one". Should I just remove the file or can you suggest me the right procedure to follow?
Thanks a lot.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hi,

Should I just remove the file or can you suggest me the right procedure to follow?

Well, there is no other procedure to follow since this infection is actually easy to remove :thumbup2:
So, just delete that file and everything should be OK again.

Let me know :)
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 zucchini

zucchini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

thanks a lot!
looks like it works now!!!

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

Good to hear and glad I could help. :thumbup2:

#7 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users