Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lavasoft Ad-aware Problem, need help please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Artic

Artic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:29 AM

Everytime I run Lavasoft Ad-Aware it keeps picking up the folling listed below. I have tried everything. I run Vista. I even took the check mark out of restore point and it still picks it up and I can't delete it or heal it. Please, can some body please help me. Many thanks & God Bless.
--------------------------------------
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\RP23\A0004211.exe Runtime packed fsg

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106CF321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\RP23\A0004222.exe Runtime packed fsg

--------------------------------------
Up above is what ad-aware keeps picking up and I can't delete it or get rid of it. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:30 AM

My experience with Ad Aware is that it has always had trouble getting rid of really difficult malware. That's why I don't use it anymore. Why don't you try Super Anti Spyware and see how that works for you.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

The two items are in your system restore, and as long as they are in there no program such as Ad-Awarw or Superantispyware will clean them.

To get rid of them, disable your system restore then reboot........that will mean you lose all system restore restore points but these files will be gone also.

Then re-enable ssystem restorw.

#4 Artic

Artic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:46 PM

alumbagh,
I have tried everything that you kind people have said and I still keep getting that same error. I was wondering, can I just add those 2 items to "Exceptions" or would that be doing wrong. I just don't know what to do know. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. God Bless.

#5 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 283 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

Try this:
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
  • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
  • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
  • Select the More options tab
  • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.
James

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Marianna has answered you here.

PS - I am thinking of switching to Super Anti-Spyware & Spybot Search & Destroy. Any opinions?

mvps.org is no longer recommending Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware due to poor testing results. See here - (scroll down and read under Freeware Antispyware Products)

This thread and the quoted thread are now closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users