Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP issues with connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LastCall2112

LastCall2112

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

Good evening all,
I am having some issues with a recent run of XP upgrade.
In the end, I was left with several recurring error messages when trying to access the internet or trying to receive e-mail including:
1. iexplore.exe - entry point not found: The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll
2. MSNMsgr.exe - entry point not found: The procedure entry point CreateInfoWindow could not be located in the dynamic library MSOERT2.dll
In the process of trying to find a fix I also managed to delete the microsoft system management BIOS driver
I think I need to dowload the service pack 2 in order to begin to fix things, my problem is I can't access the internet on my desktop (only via the laptop) I am typing this message on right now.
I'm getting pretty frustrated right now after working on a fix for over 8hrs and desperately need some advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,745 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

You can download SP2 just as you would download a program (the WinUpdate site is just an alternative): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Just click the Download button and save it to your hard drive. Don't bother reading any of the verbiage on the download page.

Some reading that should be done by anyone before installing SP2:
Get Your PC Ready for Windows XP SP2 - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users