Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista 64bit Audio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sig220

Sig220

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

Can't get the sound to work through my speakers in windows Vista, they were working for a quick minute but could barely hear anything out of them, when i went to 'Control Panel' 'Hardware & Sound' 'Sound' I had a Speaker Icon and a Realtek digital output Icon. During this process i disabled the speaker Icon and now have no sound. Does anyone know how to get the speaker icon back and enabled??? So I can configure my sound settings so my speakers will work

Here is the link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...07_check_volume

Step 3 and step 3a is what i'm having a problem with in figure 5 selecting speaker as default device, this is not in my options because i disabled it by accident and cant now set default and configure

If anyone can help that would be great thanks.

Edit: Got the speakers to work but the volume is all the way up and I can barely hear anything still any advice???

Edited by Sig220, 03 February 2009 - 09:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

You didn't mention that you tried it.
The first thing to do is to reinstall the audio driver
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 brandy44

brandy44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

I had this problem and got the icon to show again by 'right click' on the 'sound' table and check 'show disabled devices'.

#4 LookinAround

LookinAround

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

Second thing to do:
- Select the sound card in Device Manager
- Rt click Properties
- If Windows indicates the driver status is Working, click the Troubleshooting button and let Windows step you through some of the sound settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users