Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying "Open Web Search" on start IE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nggiedew

nggiedew

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:26 AM

Im having problem with my IE..........

Everytime when I start IE, there's always one window "OPEN WEB SEARCH" on the bottom of IE windows that is really annoying !!
The OWS window cant be close even Ive click on the X-sign so many times !! It seems like a dead link but It always there when IE started !!
Im thinking to reinstall it but I don't know how to do it since I'm not a computer expert !!!

Does anyone can help me ??? I really want to get rid of it !! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

Your browser has been hijacked, something that can happen easily, but requires some skill and time to remove.
I suggest you post a HijackThis! log to the appropriate forum where our volunteer team of experts can work with you to get rid of it.

Please read and follow the instructions that you will find here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

Please be patient, as logs are reviewed on a first come, first handled basis.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 30 May 2005 - 09:49 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users