Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Issues: Antivirus 2009, hackroot.toolkin, w32.tob@mm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AK1225

AK1225

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Originally, I was hit the following issues and am still suffering from some of them - I will add comments to indicate problems that are still occuring and problems which have gone away:

1. Antivirus 2009 - Red Shield with White X in Taskbar with popup balloon stating: "Warning! Security Report. Your computer is infected. It is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool. (This has stopped.)

2. Antivirus 2009 Popup Window (Still occuring)

3. Task Manager disabled on startup through added registry key (This has stopped.)

4. Change in background wallpaper on startup to black, with flashing "Warning" sign. Identified as a ahtn.htm on the background image (This has stopped)

5. Browser redirects to search pages (Still occuring)

6. TDDSvr installed as a hidden device manager prventing use of certain programs and tools (This has stopped)

7. Computer shuts down unexpectedly and randomly (Still occuring)

8. Symantec showing hacktool.rootkit and w32.tob@mm viruses/infections (Still occuring)

9. Malware Bytes encounters error when trying to clean out system, Error Code 731 (0,9)

10. Other anti-virus, anti-spyware messages in the form of traditional Windows message boxes (still occuring)

The issued that stopped were likely cured after running a full version of Spyware Doctor, but I am still getting a lot of popups that look like the spyware/viruses are trying to reconstitute themselves and I would like to try to fully clean everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

Malware Bytes encounters error when trying to clean out system, Error Code 731 (0,9)

Reboot the computer and disconnect from the internet
Disable your anti-virus and if you use Spybot S&D Teatimer function, disable it
Try running mbam then
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users