Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:58 PM
Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Originally, I was hit the following issues and am still suffering from some of them - I will add comments to indicate problems that are still occuring and problems which have gone away:
1. Antivirus 2009 - Red Shield with White X in Taskbar with popup balloon stating: "Warning! Security Report. Your computer is infected. It is recommended to start spyware cleaner tool. (This has stopped.)
2. Antivirus 2009 Popup Window (Still occuring)
3. Task Manager disabled on startup through added registry key (This has stopped.)
4. Change in background wallpaper on startup to black, with flashing "Warning" sign. Identified as a ahtn.htm on the background image (This has stopped)
5. Browser redirects to search pages (Still occuring)
6. TDDSvr installed as a hidden device manager prventing use of certain programs and tools (This has stopped)
7. Computer shuts down unexpectedly and randomly (Still occuring)
8. Symantec showing hacktool.rootkit and w32.tob@mm viruses/infections (Still occuring)
9. Malware Bytes encounters error when trying to clean out system, Error Code 731 (0,9)
10. Other anti-virus, anti-spyware messages in the form of traditional Windows message boxes (still occuring)
The issued that stopped were likely cured after running a full version of Spyware Doctor, but I am still getting a lot of popups that look like the spyware/viruses are trying to reconstitute themselves and I would like to try to fully clean everything.