Nasty infection going around lately.Download and Run OTMoveIT
- Please download OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer to your desktop. If you have already used the program, there is no need to download a new one.
- Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to run it. If you are running on Vista, right click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
- Copy the lines in the codebox below. Do not copy the word "code".
- Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the Paste List Of Files/Patterns To Move window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Close all open windows expect OTMoveIt.
- Click the button.
- Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
- Close OTMoveIt3.
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately, you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes
. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log
and press the Enter key. Navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles
folder, and open the newest ".log" file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.Download and Run FlashDisinfector
You have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.Create and Run Batch Script
- Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
When done properly, the icon should look like .
- Copy the following into a notepad (Start>Run>"notepad"). Do not copy the word "code".
reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2" /s >Log.txt 2>&1
start notepad log
- Click File, then Save As... .
- Click Desktop on the left.
- Under the Save as type dropdown, select All Files.
- In the box File Name, input test.bat
- Hit OK.
Double click test.bat.
You will see a log open. Post back with that.