Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD Mobile Sempron: replacements parts?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sacman

sacman

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

I bought a used AMD Mobile Sempron about a year ago for my son for about $300. The top had a small crack on one hinge but after trying it out we determined that for the price (it has Windows Professional which my son really wanted) it was a good deal so purchased it. A few months ago the screen started to black out. My son would put it in and out of standby and the screen would come back on, then go out periodically. We could tell that the images were still on the screen (a very faint outline) so determined that the back light was malfuntioning. We put 2 and 2 together and determined that it probably had been dropped by the previous owner causing the hinge to crack. This did not cause any problems until the computer received further general use by my son (opening and closing the top). The other night the hinge finally broke completely. I have looked at the AMD sight and found it very difficult to navigate. Now my questions:

Where can I purchase a hardware manual?

Where can I purchase replacement parts?

My son has a minor writing handicap so really needs this computer in school.... maybe it will be too expensive to repair?

Thanks in advance to any who read and respond to this.

Edited by sacman, 02 February 2009 - 02:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

AMD Mobile Sempron is just the processor, not the model of the laptop. AMD won't have any info on it as they don't make laptops. Get the laptop brand/model number, go to the proper website and look it up. Dell and HP have great support/info. Other models a bit less so.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users