Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do these programs work well together

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eyes-open

eyes-open

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:50 AM

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of anything in the following combination of programs that would result in one blocking the effectiveness of another:-

Ad-aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
Spyware Guard (real-time protection disabled)
Spyware Blaster
WinPatrol (for those rare occasions IE is used)
Microsoft Antispyware Beta (take over real-time from Spyware Guard)

Assume these compliment an AV program, Firewall, a variety of occasionally run programs like stinger or CW Shredder etc. The machine will be running Xp(SP2) and the default browser 'Firefox', default mail client 'Thunderbird'.

The background to the question is that whilst I'm happy with the various layers on my PC (although since Microsoft's Antispyware I'm not sure Spyware Guard is necessary anymore ?) I have now to set up my Mother's new machine. So I need to help protect her machine without burdening her with any unnecessary duplication.

Bearing in mind that the machine in question is to be used for on-line banking amongst other things I must err on the side of caution. That being said - I'd welcome any advice, observations about the above combination.

Thanks for taking the time to read :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users