Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fallout 3 saves

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reece

reece

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

ive been playing fallout 3 for a month now and ive started to notice that my saves sometimes spillover into each other. let me explain

when i started the game i talked to a lady in a old house and it started a quest, later on i found out the stats i picked were't very good so i started a new game when i went to the house for another first time she asked me how my guest was going. another time i was abusing a random event and going back to my last save so it would happen differently 1 time a got a scimatic another time i got a different scimatic. but when i checked my inventory i had both. finally just know i was replaying old saves so i could get the achevemnts for being good/nutral/bad and spicific places when i leveled on 1 try i randomley select the lawbringer perk but when i went to my normal save i picked cyborg 5 minutes ago i killed a anclave and gess what i found a finger.

long story short i havent found any examples of this happinig to other people have any of you had this happen to you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

Sometimes, if you are allowed to, naming the save file yourself prevents such problems. It certainly helps going back to the right one.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 reece

reece
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

i wish it was that simple but im playing the 360 version which does't alow renames
that being said i could make sure when i save it isn't in the same area as a privous save so there named different. thanks for the help well im of to the wasteland :thumbsup:

Edited by reece, 04 February 2009 - 11:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users