Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Virus/ Malware , not sure what it is

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 surrealsteven

surrealsteven

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:57 AM

It started about 2 months ago. Moments after I turn on my computer, like about 10 mins or so, my taskbar will change to classic and after that, any applications that I run will have no sound. When i double click on my speaker icon it will say " no active mixer devices available ".

Also I have been getting frequent disconnects from the internet.

Recently i found out that as soon as the taskbar changes to classic, i went to check my network connections and when i click repair it says " cannot renew the network ip address, please contact the ISP"

I have contacted that ISP, and there is no problem what so ever from their side.

Then I got myself a new desktop a week ago and transfered most of my files from my old harddisk to my new one.

The same problem continued.

I tried all sorts of anti-virus and other anti-malware problems to no avail.

I just used combofix minutes ago and not sure whether or not the problem is resolved yet.

I do have a combofix log though, and I would be very grateful of someone would go through it just see whether or not it is good or are there any problems.

I will post again if the same problem mentioned above continues. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 surrealsteven

surrealsteven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:59 AM

The problem is still there... T.T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users