Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iphone doesn't connect to belkin wireless n router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpaisley88

mpaisley88

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:48 AM

How's it going guys? Have a question for you all to take a look at if you don't mind. I just got a Belkin F5D8236-4 which is a wireless N router. I know iPhone isn't compatible with wireless N but I have the router set to detect wireless b,g, and n. In fact i'm using the G right now on my compter till I can afford an N adapter. Whenever I set the bandwidth to 20/40MHz, my iPhone no longer detects the network, I have to leave it on 20MHz. Now I realize that 20MHz is for G and 40MHz is for N but why isn't my iPhone detecting it if it has a setting for 20/40MHz? Also, I read that you can bridge a wireless G router to the N router and have the G run the iPhone and the N run computers but I don't know how to do that. Anyone help me out with that? Thanks for anything guys, i'm stumped.... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hi,

If you have two routers you can connect them by taking a ethernet cable and connecting it to an output port on the 1st router (the one your internet connection goes into) and the plugging this into the WAN port on the 2nd router.

So it'll be something like,

Internet connection -----(ethernet cable)----- Wireless N Router -----(ethernet cable)----- Wireless G Router

If this makes sense....?

Ask if you unsure.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users