Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude C600 Admin trouble

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 J_Spade

J_Spade

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:40 AM

I have a Dell Latitude C600 that my sister gave me. She didn't use it for the longest time, then when she gave it to me I can't use it. The problem is when it powers up and the boot screen is finished I get a page asking for the primary or admin passwords. My sis can't remember what she used as a pass, and I have no idea what the admin pass would be. I've googled this problem and came up with some answers, but none that worked. It won't let me do anything without these passwords either. I get 5 attempts at the pass then the system shuts itself down. During the boot process it says F2 for setup and F12 for... boot menu I think. I've tried both of these and it acts like its going to let me in there; then it goes straight to the pass screen. Does anyone have any suggestions? If not you might be able to find this thing on ebay or something... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Senlis

Senlis

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Is this password screen after windows starts or before?

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

While your reason is a legitimate one
per forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Post is closed, sorry
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users