Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Come And Vote For your antivirus

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Antivirus for 2009 (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Antivirus

1. Kaspersky (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

2. Norton (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

3. Panda (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Trend Micro (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

5. AVG (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

6. Avast (7 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

7. Avira (9 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

8. F-secure (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Bit Difender (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

10. MacAfee (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 studentz

studentz

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

It all up to you as a user... :thumbsup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

Edited by studentz, 02 February 2009 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image
-Security is part of life-
-visual,games maniac-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:49 AM

Not enough choices, so cannot vote.
James

#3 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:20 AM

I pay a subscription to AVG. That Software hasn't let me down. Points and laughs at Norton and McAfee. :thumbsup: :flowers:
Posted Image

#4 studentz

studentz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

Not enough choices, so cannot vote.

sorry..i only can put 10 choices.i just put what i can remember :thumbsup:
Posted Image
-visual,games maniac-

#5 studentz

studentz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:41 AM

I pay a subscription to AVG. That Software hasn't let me down. Points and laughs at Norton and McAfee. :thumbsup: :flowers:

AVG is the most untrusted antivirus in my college.. :trumpet:
Posted Image
-visual,games maniac-

#6 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

O rly? Well Apparently it's the college of P2P Users that test the limits of common File share protocols. I have had people give it the best AV. It's been in PC magazines as one of the top 5 Virus programs to use. Again Paid version has more bells and whistles then the free version

Edited by Goldwyn, 04 February 2009 - 01:19 AM.

Posted Image

#7 studentz

studentz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

O rly? Well Apparently it's the college of P2P Users that test the limits of common File share protocols. I have had people give it the best AV. It's been in PC magazines as one of the top 5 Virus programs to use. Again Paid version has more bells and whistles then the free version

its true..i dont really know about that..but sure avg reputation is the lowest for a few place i have been..
Posted Image
-visual,games maniac-

#8 mysteriouscry

mysteriouscry

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

I agree with studentz,there are some places where the reputation of the AVG is low...Like for example,I had been told by some of my friends (I also read some from other forums) that AVG destroyed SOME of their softwares...
Success is simply a matter of luck,ask any failure...-Anonymous

Posted Image

#9 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

I had been a faithful client of CA for as long as they had their product probably 20+ years, I made the switch to Kaspersky a couple of months back. We have all heardd the horror stories about McAfee and Norton so they were not even considered. I did consider AVG but I wanted a full suite and I always have felt you get what you pay for, so far Kaspersky has exceded my expectations. The increase in speed alone was amazing, its scan is just as slow as most others so I feel it is digging deep where it needs to go. Choosing is not easy as you may be stuck with what ever you chose for quite some time, good luck in your hunt/choice!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#10 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Avira Antivir Personal (free) edition is by far the best AV (paid or free) I have used.

#11 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

I now think Avira is one of the best too, I tried it before I thought it was a good AV except that it stopped everytime it found something. Had some problem with AVG lately not detecting malware unless it is non-hidden or unless you run it or download it on your computer..

That's just my experience. I'm still using AVG 8.0 though, I don't bother switching. Just happy that I have an AV on real-time protection.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#12 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Yeah the problem with it stopping on each infection I think is fixed because now it just automatically quarantines all files found unless you change it otherwise (at least I think so).

#13 Jaug

Jaug

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

I have to agree with xblindx. Avira Antivir (FREE).

Had Norton (paid), Kaspary (paid) and AVG free. Been trying different programs for about eight years and so far I firmly believe that Avira is the best so far. I have had to fire all the above except Avira.

You know time will tell.

Best Regards,
Jaug

#14 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

I've been using Avast! Home Edition for about 4 years now and I haven't had a single infection. And I'm not exacly what you would call a 'careful' user. I visit dangerous websites, I download from peer-to-peer networks, and I install programs from unknown publishers just to see what they do. Avast has always prevented me from destroying my OS with malware (so I can destroy it myself by tinkering.) Unless, of course, Avast has been lying to me and I'm absolutely riddled with infections that just don't happen to impact my system's performance or try to connect to the internet.

#15 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

Unless, of course, Avast has been lying to me and I'm absolutely riddled with infections that just don't happen to impact my system's performance or try to connect to the internet.

I think that is quite plausible :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users