Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows exception at startup in xp pro

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ordski

ordski

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hi. I recently reformatted and set up win xp pro, then made a partition with acronis and added Win7. I did so initially with two data HDDs unplugged and an unreadable floppy (write protected) in the floppy drive. Later, with all HDDs and no disk in floppy the exception continues.

All seems well but I get the following exception when I startup XP -
c00000a3 parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

Googling suggests it may be an infection, though NOD was installed pretty quickly (though there was a chance for open connection while xp updated). NOD finds no problems of consequence beyond the ask toolbar nero 6.6 offers as an option at install - no big deal. NOD scans v3 for xp and v4 beta for Win7 show no infections.

I have not used hijack this but am open to it.

The box is asus p5q deluxe, 8500 dual core, 4 gb ocz 1066 memory, nvidia 260, 300 raptor, 500 and 640 HDDs. I've installed xp lots of times, Win7 3x - this is a new issue.

I'd be grateful for any guidance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users