Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Net Framework

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:30 PM

For what ever reason I have many netframework in my computer. Two that don't work are 3.0 sp2 and 2.0 sp2. Tried repairing using Add or Remove no luck. Tried removing, once again no luck.I think it might be a left over from M/S Office 2007 which I removed. I have net framework 1,2,preXP, CRT,CA,CLR,ASP.NET, and Winforms and they all work.
Questions. If I don't need the none working frameworks and can't repair them how do I get rid of they. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs.

Louis

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for getting back so soon. All ready tried that many times. All I get is (This program is not working properly you my reinstall it by clicking repair) Did that many times with no luck. I have also tried to remove. Won't let me do that either using Add or Remove.
XP-PRO-SP2

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

What programs use NET Framework 3.0 sp2 and 2.0 sp2. They are not working. Can I remove them. I think I can with Ccleaner.

Edited by Layback Bear, 21 February 2009 - 09:32 AM.

#5 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

I use Revo Uninstaller to remove programs from my computer. It has a few more options and maybe more through than CCleaner. I actually used it to remove Norton 360. When I scan with MBAM or SAS it shows a few files I can find them in my programs but everything points at them being empty.

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thank you for your help. I will check out revo, but I'm still not sure where these Net Frameworks came from and do I need them. I have removed M/S Office Accounting Express. Could they be left over from that program. I they are I would feel safe removing them.

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

The .Net framework is used fro running a variety of Windows based applications. Many newer applications use the .Net framework to ensure compatibility with the Windows operating environment. If you remove it, there is a chance that some of your applications will no longer work.

#8 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

Thank you for getting back to me. Both of the Net Framework are not working and can't be repaired. I using add or remove programs,(click here for support information)(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=98074. The installation source for this product is not available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users