Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ezraz

Ezraz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:47 AM

I've got the Google redirect virus, from what I've seen on this site I'm not the only one and it's pretty nasty. I've tried all day with several programs but had no luck getting rid of it. First I ran Super Anti Spyware, then Dr Web Cureit, then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then SmitfraudFix - which changed my clock to military time and got rid of my desktop background. All were free versions of the software. Some were run in safe mode and some in regular but I haven't been able to get rid of the virus. I have to admit that I have been ignoring Java updates for a while so maybe this could have been prevented. I've searched this site and many others but none of the fixes have worked. One site talked about disabling a TDSS driver but it was not listed in my device manager. Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users