Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Displays "Out Of Range" When Installing Windows Vista SP1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mark10121

Mark10121

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

I just bought this computer brand new from PC World:

Packard Bell iMax 3516
IntelŽ Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor (2.33GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)
Genuine Windows VistaŽ Home Premium
3GB DDR2 667MHz memory
320GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm)
256MB NVIDIAŽ GeForce 7050

I plugged in the cables (power, monitor, mouse, keyboard) and when I switched it on for the first time everything looked fine and it says it was installing Vista. Then after it rebooted the usual Packard Bell logo appears onscreen then it continues to loading Vista. It gets as far as displaying a small green loading bar with "Microsoft Corporation" underneath it and then the monitor cuts out and displays "Out Of Range" and I can't see or do anything. I've tried a number of things and nothing is working:

- I left it on for an hour thinking that maybe it was taking its time installing and would reboot again fine but nothing happened.
- I tried switching it on and off a few times.
- I tried getting into Safe Mode but I can't because Vista hasn't fully been installed yet.
- I tried changing the settings on the monitor before it cuts out.

My monitor is an LCD that I only bought last year and worked perfectly fine on my old computer. I've been searching through the internet for hours and haven't found any solutions. Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:58 AM

Can you borrow a monitor with a wider frequency range capability, see what the video settings are and change them before reconnecting your LCD?

What model is your LCD? We could find out what its maximum scan rates are if you don't already know.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Mark10121

Mark10121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

Can you borrow a monitor with a wider frequency range capability, see what the video settings are and change them before reconnecting your LCD?

What model is your LCD? We could find out what its maximum scan rates are if you don't already know.

I borrowed a monitor from someone else and it worked fine. Then after I had fully installed Vista I plugged my own monitor back in and it worked, strange :huh:. I'm guessing the default settings during installation were too high for my monitor or something. Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users