Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Hibernation of sorts.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Acid Attack

Acid Attack

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hi again guys,

Thanks for help in solving my virus issues.

the reason for me having a good clean of the pc was because during a live radio show my machine went into hibernation mode of sorts.

i use a couple of programs during my live stream nad have no problems in the past as such, last summer had a couple of shutdowns which i think was due to the heat as it was a hot summer.

since last summer things have been fine til last week when twice my pc went into this hibernation mode.

no warning or nothing, just instant hibernation.

checked all my power settings and have the box unchecked for hibernation and all the other boxes marked as 'Never'

from this state i cannot hit the spacebar or any other key to bring out of hibernation.

When this happens mainly? either when im streaming music out on a live show or simply just listening to a live internet radio stream.

The tower light stays on as does the fans.

Even though its probably not hibernation its the only thing i could call it so it would make sense, or maybe sleep if hibernation maybe isn't the correct term.

HP i xtreme
2.7 processor
1gb ram
80gb & 25gb internal drives
XP pro sp2

thanks for looking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Acid Attack

Acid Attack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

Just gone into bios and took readings from 'PC Health Status' menu.

CPU Warning Temp - Disabled
System Temp - 33c/91f
CPU Temp - 54-57c/129-134f
System Fan Speed - 0 rpm
CPU Fan Speed - 1962 rpm
Vcore - 1.68 - 1.72v
+3.3V - 3.31-3.32
+5V - 5.61-5.64v
+12V - 13.19-13.37v
-12V - -11.95 - -14.17v
VBAT(V) - 3.60-3.61v
5VSB(V) - 5.05-5.07
Shutdown Temp - Disabled

Maybe this info will help in someway, hoovered n cleaned out all dust from PC and main Fan/CPU unit, taken apart, cleaned, re fitted.

went to stream music again and after 10mins of streaming all went quiet and dark on me.

Kept Task manager open at the time and didnt seem to be excessive CPU used.

#3 Acid Attack

Acid Attack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:52 AM

Ran 'Memtest' over night to check my motherboard and RAM, 4 passes over night with 0 errors so i know mother board and all RAM are working fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users