Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsure of processor speed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 grimp02

grimp02

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

So im not sure if i can run the newest COD, so i ran a test to check my CPU. I have an Intel Centrino Duo T2300 Processor. When i go into my device manager, it shows two seperate processors, rated at 1.66ghz. now, when i run the test, the results are only showing 1.66ghz, instead of 3.22. Is the test just telling me the processor speed of ONE, or is my other processor not working??

And also, would my combined CPU speed be 3.22 or something else?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

If you have a multi-core processor, which you do, the device manager will list the multiple cores as separate processors. Both cores have 1.66GHz., and the device manager will list two CPU's as such. I have a Core 2 Quad 9450 and my device manager lists four CPU's.

3939.png

#3 grimp02

grimp02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

so then my total is 3.22 right?? The reason i ask is because the requirements for this game i want, is 3.0ghz

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Are you talking about Call of Duty: World at War? If so a 3GHz single core processor is suggested (or an Athlon 3200+ or higher), which you don't have. You have a 1.6GHz Dual Core processor. When determining the speed of the processor in a multicore system, the clock speeds are not added. Your CPU, a Centrino Dual Core, has 1.6GHz in each core. That is the maximum clock speed of your processor, 1.6GHz not 3.22GHz. You may be able to run the game, but it will be very slow on that Centrino processor.

3939.png

#5 grimp02

grimp02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Your signature ultimately led me to downloading the software. Im running it now, pretty cool stuff!!

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

Which link, Call of Duty or Folding?

3939.png

#7 grimp02

grimp02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

the folding at home. Ill be done with my first thing soon

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

HERE is a handy little website where you can find out if your computer can run certain games. Once you've installed the required download you can choose which game you are curious about and it will test your computer and let you know the results.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#9 grimp02

grimp02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

ah yes, THAT website!! I tryed everything i knew to get that website to work.....just wasnt happening!! I had it all downloaded and installed, and everytime it would try to scan, I end up with this............

"We could not determine your exact system so we can't tell if your computer can run this product. Please review all the information below in the details section to try and make the evaluation yourself."

I just tryed it again today, and still the same thing. My firewall is off, all pop-up blockers and anti-virus programs are off as well.

#10 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

Are you using a laptop? Some laptop chipsets are unusual and could throw that application into chaos.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users