Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

c&c3 shuts down my computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mr allix

mr allix

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

When ever I'm playing Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath my computer turns off after a few minutes of playing. This never used to happen this is recent so i know my computer doesn't have any problems running it. So if anyone has any ideas of why my computer would just turn off in the middle of the game let me know, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

Have you updated your graphics drivers recently? Do you know what your temperatures are for your processor/graphics card while gaming?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 mr allix

mr allix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

I'm on a Gateway P-6860FX Notebook. its a gaming notebook with the notebook version of the NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS. I didn't find any updates for it and i do not know the temperatures while i'm gaming.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

Rivatuner http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner can tell you the temperature of your graphics card, if your graphics card/motherboard has a temperature sensor on it. You should blow some canned air throughout your laptop, especially around the fan vents. Does it do this in other games?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

c&c is crap dont borther playing
get star craft or star wars galatic battle grounds

#6 mr allix

mr allix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

haha thanks for the tip(i plan on getting star craft 2)

it doesn't only happen on this game. i was trying to install a hefty amount of programs today.. and my computer turned off. this never used to be a problem it has to be something recent i have no idea what. i think i'll just use the OS disc to try and find repairs or just start all over. my computer is useless

#7 mr allix

mr allix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

I know this thread is really old but in case anyone else has this problem I'll let you know how I solved it. I bought air duster and a cooling pad for my laptop; then I sprayed all the vents. With the cooling pad and the cleaned out vents my laptop no longer overheats.

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

Glad to know everything worked out for you!

Sorry about no reply, I guess I missed this one :thumbsup: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users