Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me with this stupid Pop up window.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Snyder

Mike Snyder

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hi and thanks for readin. My Girlfriend was streaming video and then she says this window popped up. It says it is a securtity Center Alert. Then it asks me if i want to block this suspicious software. The sofware in question is called Win32.Zafi.B. The description it gives is that it is a worm trojan program that records keystokes and takes screen shots. I feel that this is a bluff and plays off of fear. In the same window at the bottom there is three options to take. "Keep Blocking" "Unblock" and "enable protection" however the first two options are shadowed out in grey and the only option it allows is the enable protection. Kristin said she clicked the enable protection and it then directed it to this website that tells her to install this anti virus sofware that has is pretty convincing if ur not that smart. I have warned her before and this time she waited to ask me what to do. I then checked out the site and came to the conclusion that it is frued. So i then close the window that was the website. Then i close the window that was the Security Center Alert and think that is that. However the Security Center Alert has kept on popping every 5 minutes or so. I cant find the process in the task manager yet and would like some help with whatever this problem might be. I have a hijackthis log file i am going to post. Please help and you receive my thanks and gratitude.

AntiVirus: Norton 360
Firewall: Windows Firewall

if there is anyother further informaion u want me to post or find out i am most willing to do so. thanks again and i hope you have a happy happy day.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hello Mike Snyder,

Posted Image

Sorry about the delay.:thumbup2: If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users