Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green Channel out on graphics controller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elinatim

elinatim

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

Monitor: ViewSonic E771-2 (Driver installed is also ViewSonic E771-2.)
Intel Graphics Controller 82810E DC-133

This used computer has color problems. I had it connected to an old monitor, and assumed at first that the problem was with that monitor.

Now I have connected this computer to my keyboard, video, and monitor via a Belkin KVM switch. My old computer uses the same monitor with zero problems (also XP, also with the E771-2 driver, but it's a DELL).

The graphics controller has some great software attached to it. I opened the Graphics Controller Properties and clicked on the "Color" tab. Here, there are slides for "Gamma," "Brightness," and "Contrast." Moreover, you can adjust all three colors together or each one independently. I noticed that when I adjust the Green channel by itself, there is no visible change to the display.

I have not opened the box, yet. Do I need to replace the entire chipset? Is there a separate video card in here? Maybe there is a software solution? Any advice will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

I have run across this a couple of times. One cause was a missing pin on the monitor connector/cord. The other was a bad connector on the videocard. Sometimes you can jiggle the connector and see the color change.

If it has the same symptoms with 2 monitors (as long as both monitors aren't going through the KVM switch) then you have a bad motherboard (as Intel graphics are integrated to the mobo).

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 elinatim

elinatim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks. I have opened the box now. There are some empty slots here. What if I just insert a working video card and use that instead of the connection on the mobo?

#4 elinatim

elinatim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

This issue is resolved.

Edited by elinatim, 31 January 2009 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users