Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows NOT playin nice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm kinda new around here, so i hope i'm puttin this in the right place,,if not please direct me to the proper place....
My Window's Media Player, won't reconize any Cd that i try to play.....
a search found that i had a code 19 error???.....Info said that(under Hardware) That it's configuration( in the registry) was either incomplete or damaged
I tried to reregister it and it took, but still no dice????
I'm runnin ...windows xp - home and the windows media player is version #9 I believe....
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!

After doin some lookin around and readin,i've also found that there are indeed yellow exclamation mark's next to my devices
*pioneer DVD-RW-Dvr 106D*
*SamSung CD-Rom-SC-140C*
I followed these directions...

1. What service pack level of xp are you running? Is it XP Pro? or another version?
2. Get a summary of problem devices
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, then Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy Paste into next post
One question for the moderator (and/or others who may be readiing)
It doesn't appear that attachments are allowed in these forums. Is there an alternate preferred way for someone to post a large log or diagnostic type file?

now i'm stuck.....i clicked on the drivers.....but there seem's to be no "Edit>Select All>Copy /Paste????
I'm stuck....Help Please
Thank you!

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

One possible solution:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

garmanma, thank you for your time, just as soon as my brain doesn't resemble oatmeal i'll check this out much better.

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#4 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Garmanma, Thank you for takin the time to post this for me, i really do appreciate it, i'm sorry i haven't gotten back to you before now( real life took president :trumpet: ), I'm already in trouble....I never need to go lookin for trouble, it usually know's right where i am at all times :thumbsup:
I need a little more indept explanation here for this....(bein computer illerate is a pain ..an i'm workin on that....But this IS the registry and i'm kinda nervouse here, if i mess up..and i usually do, at least once before i get it right.....and did i mention it's the Registry..... :flowers: )

so if it's ok with you, could you walk me thru this step by step???(and please use little words....it's been a hard month.. :cool: :inlove: )

just what exactly does this mean???

Note Before you use this method, uninstall all CD or DVD writing or recording programs. Guided Help can delete the corrupted registry entries for you. However, deleting those registry entries might cause problems with any other CD or DVD writing or recording programs that are installed on your computer. Uninstalling these programs before you start will help you avoid any problems that removing the registry entries might cause. You can reinstall these programs after the problem is resolved. Guided Help can automatically perform the steps to delete the corrupted Registry entries for you.

Thank you in advance....

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Let's try it this way.
These 2 sites have written a script application that does the process for you
You just have to download and run it

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

www.aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip
You might have to copy/paste the second one to the browser address bar

Edited by garmanma, 06 February 2009 - 10:45 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:26 PM

garmanma, just wanted to say thank you for your time and trouble..it was appreciated!!! problem all fixed.....i did a "crash and burn" with the help of a friend and now it's all good!! :flowers:
all the bad evil thanges is all gone... :thumbsup:
color me happy!!

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

Glad to hear you got it fixed
Mark
Posted Image

#8 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

garmanma....thank you! I'm glad i got it fixed too :flowers:

BUT i would like to post kinda a disclaimer here....

My Registry was such a mess that "crash and burn" was basically my only option.. i wouldn't "Recommend" this method to anybody!....as a solution..simply because i don't have that kinda knowledge, What i had was a wonderful friend who knows their stuff and could be trusted to help me "remotely".."Crash and Burn" is NOT for the faint of heart......I know i dang near fainted...... :thumbsup:

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users