Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!, Google's: this site may harm you computer.... a little strange

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 blamcs

blamcs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

I'm getting a little scared because whenever i search for something on Google,
every search result returned is flagged as "this site may harm you computer"
for example, i search for "Microsoft", and the first search result, (their website) is labeled as "this site may harm your computer"
I'm not sure if its a virus on my part or just a temporarily messed up Google, but I'm sort of scared to surf the internet right now
is it possible that every single website has been infected with a virus? I certainly hope not. Or is it a virus on my computer doing this fiendish thing?
Help please :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alex250P

Alex250P

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

I got the exact same problem just now!! I have no idea what's going on!

#3 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

ffs this is happending to me to! Im getting scared

#4 scruffbag

scruffbag

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

Just getting the same here, so clicked on an item for a site that I know should be safe. Got re-directed to a "Google" page with a link to "Googles Safe Browsing Diagnostic" Page. Clicking that link gives a 502 Server Error. Am guessing it could be Google but don't really know.

Any expert out there have any ideas?

#5 tibiogana

tibiogana

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

Thesame is happening to me, i wanted to post a topic about it, probably google is having problems?

#6 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

im doing a Malwarebytes scan right now im a bit nervous I just logged in about 10 mins ago and I was like WTF why is wikipedia e.t.c all blocked

#7 Alex250P

Alex250P

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

im doing a Malwarebytes scan right now im a bit nervous I just logged in about 10 mins ago and I was like WTF why is wikipedia e.t.c all blocked

I've tried that on my computer and it came up with nothing being wrong.

#8 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

might be an error on googles part but to be honest ive never recalled them to do this. ALSO my computer for some reason is now running a bit slower -.- (probz mbam) not sure

#9 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

That's the scary thing google don't make this mistakes very often and im kinda scared. Luckilly I see it's not just me affected so yeh it might not be spyware

#10 JDV

JDV

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

I don't think it's Malware, I got the same thing from a computer that just had it's HD wiped and the OS reinstalled yesterday, it hasn't had anything new installed on it .

I'm starting to see the problem being mentioned in other forums all over the net
Land shark: the cleverest species of them all.

#11 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

the trouble is when i first googled anyone else experiencing the same problem I didn't find anything so as a last resort I decided to post. Luckilly someone saved me the time :thumbsup:

#12 tibiogana

tibiogana

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

This is global crisis. and very annoying toi use google now =/

#13 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

the trouble is when i first googled anyone else experiencing the same problem I didn't find anything so as a last resort I decided to post. Luckilly someone saved me the time :thumbsup:

#14 Skydie

Skydie

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

FIXED!

#15 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

I think it's a huge f-u on Google's part. I had no problems doing searches yesterday with Google as my primary search engine. Today almost EVERY site comes with that warning. There is no way that many website are "infected" with malware.

What's worse is that even if you ignore the warning, there's no way to actually get to the website through Google. I've looked for ways for Yoosers to get around it, but no joy: anything I've found is geared towards the webmasters of the suspected sites. NOTHING TO HELP US. And try and find anything on Google itself? Forget it?! :thumbsup:

So, anyone got the scoop?
=SubMariner=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users