Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonace06

crimsonace06

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

:thumbsup:
Yeah...I just joined the site because I'm having problems connecting to the internet. I'm using another computer of course. But on my desktop, the modem is fine and the connection is fine...(This laptop is running through the wireless router from the desktop)..but whenever I try to use Internet Explorer, it can't display the page. And when I try to use AOL...the service times out. I was wondering If anyone could help me with this problem. I think it might have to do with a virus or something like that but I'm not positive.

Edited by crimsonace06, 28 May 2005 - 11:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 crimsonace06

crimsonace06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:20 AM

Also...when I try to ping my IP address using command prompt...none of the packets are recieved, but it works with the default gateway

Edited by crimsonace06, 28 May 2005 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:46 PM

Sounds like your networking is not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users