Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing/Freezing with high-pitched sounds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TelMeDragon

TelMeDragon

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

I've recently encountered an odd problem with my computer. I'm not sure what I've done to have this affect on my computer, but here's what usually happens:

I leave my computer on at night for a little white noise when I sleep.
Next day I get on the net and after a few minutes of browsing, my computer freezes up and my speakers have weird high-pitched sounds coming from them, regardless if I have sound playing or not.

I tried the Reliability/Performance moniter, but it shows nothing except the Disruptive Shutdowns that I have manually done to get out of the freezing.
Then I thought it had been my computer overheating, because when I built it, the Graphics Card took up too much space and I had to relocate the secondary HDD to a fanless spot. So I took off the cover of my computer and let a fan run on it all night.
My computer's starting temperature was 40C, with the fan on and my computer on for a day, it was 50C, with the case on it's 60C.

I had then thought of my browsers being teh cause of the problem. I mainly use Opera, but have Firefox and IE7 as a back-up incase the webpages are browser specific. My IE7 loads EXTREMELY slow, so I tend to use Firefox if Opera fails. I've crashed using both Firefox and Opera, so I doubt it's a browser problem

Sadly that wasn't my solution, so here I am asking for help. If there's any other information I can contribute, please let me know.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users