Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimmie1978

jimmie1978

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Hi, am wondering if any one can help me with this problem. Actually, there are 2 problems I need help with.

I am using Vista with office 2007. When the PC has been left on for a while, my email (outlook) won't open. Well, when I say it won't open, I mean it will open and load up the main template, but will disapear within about a second and close. When I place my curser on the icon in my task bar, that also disapears. This will happen until I re-boot the PC, and then it will work fine again.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm getting 4 random left mouse clicks every 30 seconds. Although these mouse clicks are not opening any thing, I'm getting th sound, plus it stops any typing that I may be doing. I'm using a logitech cordless mouse. I would tell you which model but that has rubbed off through the amount of browsing that I do, lol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

For Outlook, it is possible something is hanging - antivirus or anti-spam addin, or a module of the program itself, etc. I would first suggest checking your Task List (CTR+ALT+DEL) for additional instances of Outlook which would indicate the program is not closing properly.

You can try repairing your installation of Office, using the install CD. If that does not work, you can try disconnecting your computer from the Internet, and uninstalling both Office and your antivirus software. Reinstall Office first, then your antivirus. See if that fixes the issue.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users