Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer restarts itself 3-4 times a day

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 glopez

glopez

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Every morning or afternoon we turn on the computer, I start using it and the give or take 2 minutes it shuts down and restarts itself. And then again it happens. I've had this problem for some time now. And now it's getting to be a hassle and frustration. Can anyone help me please? What do I have to do to fix this? Or why is this going on, Can anyone explain to me? Me Event log Has Errors: 10010, 7026, 7001, 1003. Please help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jared Stoltzfus

Jared Stoltzfus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

sounds like it might be overheating. is this a desktop or a laptop? if its a laptop check your fans make sure dust is cleaned out. Use a airduster of some kind to get rid of the dust. your event log errors dont appear to be related at all.

#3 glopez

glopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

It's a desktop.

#4 glopez

glopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

Does this help? Let me know, I don't know how to use Speedfan yet.

Edited by glopez, 30 January 2009 - 02:52 PM.

#5 Viruses Suck man!

Viruses Suck man!

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

:flowers: Your computers getting old friend either that or there cud be numbers of reasons
Dusty Hard Drive
Some Disks Need to Be Defragged try CCleaner
Malware and Adware programs
Too much pr0ns rofl :thumbsup:
Might be time for a new computer :trumpet:
Posted Image

#6 glopez

glopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

Here's a pic of temp

Attached Files

#7 glopez

glopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

It's about 4 yrs old. Don't say i need a new one. I have Mcafee installed. And I ran CCleaner earlier.

#8 Jared Stoltzfus

Jared Stoltzfus

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

your temps on speedfan look fine. if you dont mind give me a few more details. when exactly does it restart for you? is this randomnly or always when you do a certian command? just to be sure i would take off the side of your computer and check to make sure no fans are clogged with dust. to me it still sounds hardware related (power supply, possibly hard drive, or even RAM)

#9 glopez

glopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

It's every morning when i turn it on. Could it be i have to many programs running? Okay, so to clean it I have to blow or take the gunk on the fans off? If any.

#10 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Could be memory problem or doggy Windows.. I had it too once. After reinstalling OS everything was fine.
Other time it was memory that wasn't good. I even had power supply with a cold joint doing same thing.
My bet would be doggy Windows..

Your computers getting old friend either that or there cud be numbers of reasons
Dusty Hard Drive
Some Disks Need to Be Defragged try CCleaner
Malware and Adware programs
Too much pr0ns
Might be time for a new computer

Maybe you shouldn't give advice if you don't know what you're saying.. :thumbsup:
Dusty drive?? :flowers:

Edited by Notorious, 30 January 2009 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Cleaning the Interior of your PC - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users