Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D.D.S. for Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 polets

polets

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

Every time I turn on my computer, I get a cmd window titled C:\Windows\System32\MSLTST~1.EXE.
There's also another window that pops up that says: "C:\Windows\System32\MSLTST~1.EXE. The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

I've read other topics and I have to post this here with a Hijack Logfile but when I follow the "preparation guide" und I have to "Run DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log" it happens that the computer doesn't create a dds.scr file. Instead, it creates a dds.txt
file.

How can I change the extension file in order to achieve an .scr file? I need this information to post a log because I absolutely want to fix my problem with the "MSLTST" file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

Important Do Not Post HJT/DDS Logs In This Forum

Just copy/paste the DDS text to the message body when submitting the log in the proper forum, here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hello polets,

I take it that you are unable to create the DDS logs? If that is the case, do this instead:

Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Please start a new topic and post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
  • Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users