Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:06 AM
I take it that you are unable to create the DDS logs? If that is the case, do this instead:
by random/random and save it to your Desktop.Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
- If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
- Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Please start a new topic and post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
- Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.