Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG 8 Free needs restart....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

This morning my AVG updated, and I noticed it was in an alarm state, it needed a restart. I restarted the computer and still in that state.
Anyone else having issues 11-30-09 ?

Two computers same issue, first one needed two restarts to get er done!'
Second computer came thru on one restart
Issue self resolved. :thumbsup:

Edited by rosiesdad, 30 January 2009 - 12:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Having the same issues. First it wouldn't update through the manager yesterday, so I had to manually update it. After the update, it showed Resident Shield was turned off; a reboot of my machine corrected the problem. Now this morning automatic updates won't work. Even a manually update fails to connect and download. I continually get an "Update Manager: Connection Failed" error message.

Edit: after repeated attempts to update using the main interface, Update Now option (which continually failed producing the above stated message), I tried a different approach. I pulled down the Components menu, chose Update Manager and then chose the Update Now option from that window. Update was then successful.

There are multiple posts on the AVG forum board about errors updating within the last day or so. Naturally, the moderators there are all but helpful: their stock advice seems to be to uninstall the program and reinstall.

Edited by txtchr, 31 January 2009 - 11:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users