Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP M7463W

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jonbouy

jonbouy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

I have a HP M7463W and im trying to put windows xp on it i am a computer tech and hae been for 10 years and still cannot find the MB drivers for this model. I know it needs sata drivers to "see" the sata hdd when xp starts installing but i cannot find the "make a raid disk" driver on HPs website or any other. I just need the driver unless anyone has a better idea! Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Easily done, I suspect that the SATA drivers are in the chipset driver package...but it could be in the RAID package.

After you download the drivers, you can visually look inside for a separate designated SATA driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...156&lang=en

Louis

#3 jonbouy

jonbouy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

those want me to install on my existing machine i have tried both the ones listed

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

I'm sorry...I have to believe that those are the only drivers for an XP install on the system you mentioned.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=1847156

That motherboard supports 1 IDE connector and 4 SATA connectors, same as the system I am currently using. On my system, the SATA driver was there (as I previously suggested).

Have you actually tried to install XP yet? Or are you looking for something that may be unnecessary because the system BIOS is set up to recognize a SATA drive as an IDE drive?

Exactly what happens when you try to install XP?

Louis

#5 jonbouy

jonbouy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

you know what you were right ty ty ty for future referance in the BIOS set the sata to sata IDE and it will reconize the drive thanks for all the help....

Edited by jonbouy, 30 January 2009 - 12:59 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

No problem, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users