Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 alienuser

alienuser

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

Hello all!

Here it is, I have a PC with Vista 64bit and a laptop with Vista 32bit. I want to run Kaspersky internet security 2009 + Zone Alarm force field on both (on the 64bit when FF has a version for it).

Just looking for some opinions on this set-up. Anyone have any better recommendations for this? I am a noob with the security of computers but I do like my privacy and security. I don't want any keyloggers or anyone to access my computer. I am not good enough to look for keyloggers manually so that is one big point I am looking for. ANY advice is welcomed. Thank you!

-Kev

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:51 AM

The is a Firefox 64 Bit version available HERE.

KIS would do the job.

#3 alienuser

alienuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

Oh my, did'nt know firefox had a version for the 64bit.... Thanks for that :thumbsup:

#4 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

Oh my, did'nt know firefox had a version for the 64bit.... Thanks for that :thumbsup:

I have never tried it, let us know if it works OK.

#5 alienuser

alienuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

I will once I get home from Afghcrappastan in 11 days :D

#6 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

I will once I get home from Afghcrappastan in 11 days :D

Be safe and have a safe trip home. :thumbsup:

#7 dancemat

dancemat

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Hello all!

Here it is, I have a PC with Vista 64bit and a laptop with Vista 32bit. I want to run Kaspersky internet security 2009 + Zone Alarm force field on both (on the 64bit when FF has a version for it).

Just looking for some opinions on this set-up. Anyone have any better recommendations for this? I am a noob with the security of computers but I do like my privacy and security. I don't want any keyloggers or anyone to access my computer. I am not good enough to look for keyloggers manually so that is one big point I am looking for. ANY advice is welcomed. Thank you!

-Kev

Hello Kev,

Well, don't worry everyone starts somewhere. :thumbsup:

I have KIS 2009 too. I personally think having Zone Alarm on top will cause you more problems than good. I would be very surprised if it didn't conflict with the KIS firewall. Unless of course you plan on disabling it.

I am very concious of security and viruses and I have been very happy with using KIS. I've used it for a few years now. I believe its the best at the moment. Although yet to try Avast. Have tired all the others, Mcafee, Norton, AVG etc.

As far as running Firefox 64 bit. I've not tried it. Although the 64 bit version of I.E. causes lots of problems with Flash. Flash is not 64 bit as of yet.

It's very unstable Flash and Adobe are aware of this. They have said they hope to release a 64 bit version in the future. How long that be is anyones guess.

Good luck anyway.

Kind Regards,

Matthew M

#8 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

I am using a Beta Version of Kis 8.0 on Windows 7 and I love it.

#9 SummeSLV

SummeSLV

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

I love Kaspersky
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users