Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Native Resolution of HD monitor not being offered

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hi guys,

I've spent many an hour looking for a resolution to this problem and I think I have resigned myself to failure but I'd be ecstatic if any of you can help.

Firstly, the problem.

When I connect my Matsui M22LID618 HD TV to my computer as a monitor via a vga cable, niether Windows nor my Nvidia (Ge8500GT 512mb) control panel will allow me to choose my native resolution (1920 x 1080). In fact, the tv is just shown as a generic PnP monitor in Windows and a CRT in Nvidia!

So, what have I already done with no success? Tried to find a driver (rather than the default windows one) but with no luck. Tried ticking the 'show modes this display cannot handle'. Tried creating a custom resolution in nvidia's control panel - but the test just fails. Tried creating a new EDID file (but got rather stuck with that) and most of the programs just didn't seem to work.

So then I used the dvi port on the graphics card and wacked on a hdmi converter, this then made Nvidia wake up and release it was a HD display. It opened up the native resolution option, but when I chose this the picture quality was awful.

Any ideas? They'd be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

Take it to a repair shop, one that will repair/inspect it. This is not software, it is hardware. I have saw people have to deal with this issue, and they did it by taking the TV to a shop, only to find that their is a fault in it. This current TV is a faulty model.

#3 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

Ok cheers Jay-P VIP,

I'll get round to doing that some time then!

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users