Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Login page

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rsa101

rsa101

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

I am connected via our Office LAN we are able to access Yahoo site, but when we go to login page it becomes slow and eventually it becomes disconnected. All other sites are working fine and the speed is okay but this yahoo login page is the one that always fails to go through is there are problem somewhere here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:55 AM

Hi rsa101,

Does this only happen at your office? Although I haven't had trouble getting to the login page, I've been having sluggishness problems with yahoo since just before the inauguration. They might be having trouble themselves.

Zllio

#3 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:11 AM

I think its on their end since this time it worked for me. But for other users in my office it stillis not sorking on their PCs. This is somewhat weird as we have no problem logging in our office. I only experience this at the office since at home my yahoo works perfectly okay.

#4 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

rsa101,

If the office computers all tried the login at once, then it might be possible to say it is yahoo or not yahoo. That it works for you but not for your colleagues could still be a problem of yahoo. I also wondered about the difference in your provider at work as opposed to at home. Also what firewall you are using at work.

Zllio

#5 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

rsa101,

If the office computers all tried the login at once, then it might be possible to say it is yahoo or not yahoo. That it works for you but not for your colleagues could still be a problem of yahoo. I also wondered about the difference in your provider at work as opposed to at home. Also what firewall you are using at work.

Zllio

I am on Linksys Router firwall.

#6 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:43 AM

Hi rsa101,

Since this seems to be a yahoo problem, please try the following:

Using a computer where you can login to yahoo, go to the following page, login there and fill out the form.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html

Yahoo's customer service will give you an immediate confirmation of receipt of your request for help and you'll get an answer within a couple of days. Please let me know if they can help you identify this.

Also, I found some information on a similar problem with Linksys Routers, which indicates it could be a settings problem. However, that information is from 2005, so I recommend trying yahoo first. If you want to read about the router problem which is an older problem and should have been resolved in the meantime, it might give you some ideas of what direction to pursue, should Yahoo not be able to resolve the problem themselves, but I do recommend trying to get help from Yahoo first.

Here's the old article on Linksys: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t373...some-sites.html

Zllio

#7 rsa101

rsa101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

I guess it was really a Yahoo problem and isolated one in my case. The thing is now everything is okay already. I followed your advice of informing Yahoo my problem and I haven't had any reply as of yet.

#8 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hi rsa101,

I think yahoo had some glitches recently, which happens sometimes when they make changes to their software. I'm glad things are better and when they respond, just tell them the problem went away.

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users